Monday, October 13, 2014

Symptomology 101

Throughout these posts, I have mentioned symptoms and associated many of those symptoms with possible root causes. I've made dramatic lifestyle changes and I'm experiencing either a resolution of or a decrease in the intensity of my symptoms.

I call that success!

I decided to take a moment to celebrate my successes and speculate on which life change may have contributed to the improvement of symptoms.



Acne
Significant changes in not only what I eat, but when and how much I eat have contributed to completely clearing up acne breakouts. I'm positive that going dairy free, and eliminating potatoes, rice, and white flour, have contributed to eliminating this particular malady.

Excessive Sweating
While I haven't found the off switch for this lovely symptom, it is greatly reduced. I've noticed that the onset is usually when my blood sugar levels are high that I'm particularly susceptible to sweating. Further, when I'm exercising my sweating is within acceptable limits, so long as I drink plenty of water before, during, and after an activity. I'm fairly sure that eliminating caffeine and drinking buckets of water have been key to alleviating this fun symptom.

Assorted
Some of the following symptoms I know are addressed by using a CPAP. Others depend on my blood sugar levels, amount of daily excercise, and my stress levels. Still, significant improvements overall.

  • Anxiety reduced
  • Depression reduced
  • Daytime fatigue reduced
  • Forgetfulness reduced
  • Lack of energy during the day reduced
  • Loud snoring gone!
  • Mood changes reduced
  • Morning headaches reduced
  • Sleepiness reduced
  • Slower reaction time reduced
  • Restless sleep reduced
  • Recurrent awakenings reduced
  • Insomnia reduced
  • Vision problems reduced
  • Waking up with a very sore or dry throat gone!
  • Waking up with a choking or gasping sensation gone!

Related Links

No comments: