Sunday, January 4, 2015

Medication Experimentation

I got to thinking that what I experienced as anxiety and depression was actually the effects of insulin resistance. I felt that I had enough personal data and supporting evidence to warrant a decrease in Cymbalta, which I have been taking for about eight years. I was at the maximum daily dosage of 120 mg. I chatted with my doctor about cutting the dosage in half. He supported my decision to try decreasing my dosage and we agreed that I would take 90 mg for 14 days and then 60 mg after that. I'm happy to report that I'm doing quite well on the current dosage. Perhaps in the next year or so I can wean off of Cymbalta completely. With my doctor's permission, of course.

A month or so ago, my endocrinologist put me on Spironolactone for Hirsutism. While the literature states that it takes a few months for noticeable effects, I've already seeing a few. For example, my skin and hair is not as oily. I need lotion now when I didn't prior; however, I love the various lotions I've purchased, and using them makes me feel feminine and girly.  I no longer need to wash my hair every day, every other day works out well. 

Fewer meds and feeling better is a great way to start this new year. 


Related Links

No comments: